Friday, July 23, 2010

Bones and Bouzouki


I could not stop taking pictures yesterday at the Natural History Museum.  Bones make me giddy, and they had lots of them.  The old dioramas are stunning, and we were all so excited by them.  I had one of those perfect, happy moments watching my family appreciate the African Mammals while I laid on the floor in the middle of the hall so I could get my shot.

The brand new Age of Mammals exhibit has just opened, and it was spectacular.  Lots of these guys are older than forty-one.


After the museum, we went to Papa Cristo's, the best, best, best Greek restaurant, and we were treated to to some beautiful bouzouki with our gyros.


Tomorrow, I'll show you some more museum pictures and tell you more about Papa Cristo's, but for now, I'll just say thanks to my family for making this one of my best birthdays ever.

4 comments:

  1. looks like bunches of fun!

    and happy birthday! :) hope it's your best one yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can't think of a better way to celebrate and birthday with dinosaurs and family
    xxoo
    All the best !!
    margie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds perfect! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Maiz,
    Happy Birthday! It's me, Jen Roberts, Chris's mother. I love your blog (found the link via Alexis) and the always-beautiful pix of your kids.
    All best,
    Jen Roberts in NY

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!