Tuesday, June 15, 2010

What I want for my birthday... in case you were wondering.

Okay, I know it's more than a month away, but it never hurts to dream, does it?


                                   (photo from Traditional Woodworker via kk.org/cooltools)

I saw this little beauty over a year ago on 'Cool Tools,' one of the all-time best places to browse, and I've been longing for it ever since.  I know, I know, I've already got the cordless DeWalt, but sometimes you just want to drill one little hole, or everyone else is asleep and there's some small job to do.  Besides, this may be crazy, but I want to teach the three little guys how to make proper holes in things, and they're years away from being able to hold the DeWalt.

I really don't want this blog to be one of those places that makes you feel crazy with desire for stuff.  I love making and repurposing things, and plan to do lots of posts about that.  But for now, feel free to join me in that 'want-y' feeling when you look at this perfect little hand drill.

3 comments:

  1. My b-day sounds close to yours... and I might hint to my family about this very same tool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found one like this in a garage sale up in the mountains.
    It was very old (antique) and Diego wanted it. But the price was too high.
    But for your birthday you deserve it!
    If I find it again I will get it for you!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you owe it to the boys to get one! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!